Students pursue the BA or BS in Public Health, which may include a Premed Track, as well as
- Study abroad for at least one semester (fall semester of their second year) with a small cohort.
- Participation in core courses offered exclusively for Public Health Scholars — see the Course Sequencing page with overview and detailed semester-by-semester curricular plans for BA, BS, and Premed Tracks.
- Receiving mentoring on academic and career goals by the program director and faculty mentoring in clinical, research, and/or community settings.
- Participating in original research and scholarly writing with faculty in areas including epidemiology, global health, health equity, health policy, maternal and child health, nutrition, mental health, and health promotion.
- Engaging with the DC community-and your community abroad-through internships and service-learning activities.
Are you a current student? If so, be sure to check out the Department of Health Studies Resources Canvas page on your Canvas portal. You’ll find information about major requirements, internships, the honors program, and much more! If you need access, please email email@example.com.