You are here: American University Finance Controller's Office New Petty Cash Fund

Procedures for Setting Up a New Petty Cash Fund

Please do the following for new petty cash fund requests

  • Requests must be sent via mail or email to the Controller, Nicole Bresnahan, at 4801 Massachusetts Ave. NW, 3rd Floor
  • Attached must be a disbursement request payable to the new custodian, with their name written with PCC (petty cash custodian) after it e.g. John Doe PCC. Total amount of the fund should be the amount requested on that form
  • G/L must be left blank and disbursement request must be signed by the authorized Ellucian Colleague Approver in your office
  • Once approved by the Controller, the check will be issued and the check given to the new custodian
  • Check can be cashed at bank on campus