As an American University student living on campus, you may participate in various housing processes throughout the year, such as room changes and returning room selection. If you are planning to study abroad next semester or move off campus, you must complete the appropriate processes.
- Open Room Change: Request a room change during the fall or spring semester.
- Spring Only Housing Application: For students looking for housing for the Spring 2024 semester.
- Winter Break Housing Application: For students who want to stay on campus during Winter Break 2023-2024.
- Reapplication: Apply for on-campus housing for 2024-2025.
- Housing Cancellation and Termination: Cancel on-campus housing.
Disability Accommodations Request
We offer all-gender housing as an option to ensure AU's Residence Life is a supportive space for students of all gender identities and expressions. All-gender housing allows students to live with other students regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
Gender-Based Consideration Request
Students who need housing considerations because of gender should complete the Gender-Based Housing Consideration Form on the Center for Diversity and Inclusion’s website. Considerations may include access to affirming bathrooms, roommates, and room type.
Participating in Study Abroad